We have found that successful ERP and Enterprise Software projects that take our customers forward, are due to our focus on the soft issues such as team cohesion, culture of innovation, freedom to speak up and the project executive receiving unfiltered truth during feedback sessions.
We have developed a code of conduct that each member of a project team is required to sign and commit to.
The Onpro Consulting Project Code of Conduct
- I am a professional project team member.
- My conduct will always be of the highest standard.
- My priority is to ensure that my involvement on the project will directly contribute to the strategic goals and objectives of the project.
- I embrace the concept of everybody having a voice. One junior may see something that the entire rest of the team is missing. If that junior does not have the freedom to voice his or her opinion, the project will be the worse for it.
- I will always address the issue at hand and not attack the individual
- I will not make myself guilty of defensive posturing
- I will be on time for meetings
- I agree that Projects are a team sport. It is something we are doing together. It is in all our best interests for this project to succeed. I will therefore not participate in apportioning blame.
- I will not have an open laptop, tablet or mobile phone in meetings except
- If I am taking minutes; or
- if I am required to present.
- I will not act in any way that will result in a direct conflict with the successful completion of the project measured against its strategic goals and objectives.
- I will refrain from any conduct that may bring the reputation of the company, or of the project team into disrepute.
- I will always do what I said I will do.
- I will NEVER leave the company or the project team in a difficult situation.
- My purpose is to always improve the position of the company.
- I commit to knowledge sharing.
- I understand that I share responsibility for the project budget. I will always keep up to date with the budget and I will keep track of my spending against it. I will contact the project manager immediately and with urgency as soon as I realise that my planned activities will completely consume or exceed the budget.
- I will contact the project manager with urgency at the first sign of anything that may negatively impact the company or the project.
- I will take absolute ownership of tasks and responsibilities allocated to me.
- I commit to continuous learning.
- I will ask for help when I need it. I will not spend excessive time going around in circles before asking for help.
- I will provide help when asked.
- I will not be under the influence of alcohol or mind-altering substances when working.
- I commit to Quality, Integrity and Honesty above all else